My Gluten Eating Husband doesn’t have the insatiable taste for baked goods that I do, so when I chance upon something he not only eats of his free will, but gobbles the lot of, I do a little victory dance!
Inspired by our family’s love of the (perhaps odd) combination of cheese and peanut butter, I originally made this with some spicy peanut butter I picked up from the Funky Nut Company. You could replicate the spicy flavour by adding cayenne and some cracked black pepper, or leave yours plain and more toddler-friendly. We’ve since tried with dairy free cheese (Vegusto No-Muh) which works perfectly as well.
Cheese & Peanut Butter Crackers
- 100g gluten free plain flour blend
- 50g peanut butter
- 75g strong cheddar/dairy free hard cheese (grated)
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- In a food processor, combine the flour, peanut butter & cheese, and pulse to combine.
- Add a little water and pulse again, keep adding more until the mixture starts to form a dough around the blade. This can be kept in clingfilm in the fridge until you want to use it.
- Roll the dough to a couple of mm thick between two pieces of baking parchment, and cut out your preferred shapes, re-rolling any scraps of dough.
- Bake on a lined (not greased) baking sheets at 180°c (fan) for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before eating or storing in an airtight container.
These look great! Peanut butter and cheese – be still my heart. You’ve inspired me to try and work out a low-carb version…
This is interesting! I haven’t tried cheese & peanut butter together, I’ll have to get some dairy free cheese to try these crackers…sounds very intriguing!