These little muffin-style bites are free from refined sugar, and make a good pudding or elevenses. I keep them in the freezer to defrost when I need a little snack for Baby A.
Blueberry & Banana Muffin Bites
- 1 ripe medium banana, mashed
- 1 ripe pear, grated
- 1tbsp coconut oil, melted (or use butter/dairy free margarine)
- 40g gluten free oats
- 50g rice flour
- 2tsp cinnamon
- a handful of frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc (fan). Line 8 holes of a muffin or cupcake tin with squares of baking parchment.
- Mix together the mashed banana, grated pear and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, rice flour and cinnamon.
- Fold together the wet and dry ingredients to form a sticky batter.
- Finally, add the frozen blueberries and stir until just combined.
- Put heaped dessert-spoonfuls of the batter into the tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until just turning golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack, and freeze in an airtight container or bag.