As 7-month-old Baby A starts to explore new textures, I’m trying to make more simple dishes that we can share. With the recent spell of hot weather, this deliciously creamy dairy-free bircher muesli was just the ticket straight from the fridge. Soaking the dried berries overnight makes them nice and soft for little teeth.
Creamy Berry & Coconut Bircher Muesli
Makes 2 adult-sized portions
- 100g of Perkier Fruity Berry Porridge (or 80g of your usual porridge flakes and a large handful of dried berries)
- 100ml of coconut milk (I used Koko for the extra calcium content)
- 1 x 70g pouch of pear purée (I use Ella’s, or homemade)
- 1 x 125g pot of Coyo coconut yogurt natural or cherry flavour
- 1 medium pear, skin on, grated
- a sprinkle of vanilla seeds and a squeeze of lime (to taste)
Simply combine and stir all of the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl, cover, and leave in the fridge overnight to soak. Serve with your choice of seasonal fruit & nut toppings. (Shown here with unsweetened roasted rhubarb and toasted flaked almonds).