This week FINAP is pleased to present a guest recipe from the lovely Alice. We think it sounds deliciously light yet indulgent, and there’s something so pleasing about the word ‘syllabub’. FINAP is going to march round the flat all day chanting ‘syllabub, syllabub, syllabub’. Anyway, over to Alice:
“I love presenting my favourite puddings and desserts at the end of a family meal or dinner party and just love the buzz when everyone says wow! I have been told by friends that they taste homemade and look shop bought – a compliment I think! Now that was before Coeliac disease popped into my life in 2010. The challenge I then faced was how could I maintain my reputation as queen of puddings and make them Gluten free? Actually it’s fairly easy! So why do restaurants resort to providing fruit as a pudding? My message to all cooks chefs and those who cater is its easy just be more creative! So this is my easy and simple contribution to the FINAP campaign.”
- Juice and finely grated zest of a lemon save some zest for decoration
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 50 ml (2fl oz ) Lemoncello
- 300ml (half pint) of double cream (oops)
- Place the sugar lemon juice and zest of the lemon in a bowl mix together until the sugar dissolves.
- Separately whip the cream until you have soft peaks
- Fold in the other ingredients plus the Limoncello to the cream then divide into four glasses.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Decorate with the lemon zest.
If you would like to submit a guest recipe, please get in touch!