This blog was set up to document my experiences of eating out in London, but for the past few weeks I have avoided eating out and been making all sorts of exciting gluten free creations in my own kitchen! Here’s the latest for your enjoyment:
If you would like to make your own rainbow cake, here’s what I did:
- I used a basic gluten free vanilla sponge recipe. (Mine was 1 quantity of the Vanilla & Raspberry Sponge batter from Phil Vickery’s Seriously Good Gluten Free Baking)
- I divided this into 6 and used a pea-sized amount of gel colouring in each. Mine was Sugarflair Paste.
- I cooked them in 3 batches using my two 14cm sponge tins. It took quite a long time!
- The icing was Dan Lepard’s meringue butter cream with some lemon zest added.
- This made about 12 large portions. That is not the same as serving 12 people ;-)
A few pictures:
Wow, looks amazing, such great colours! I hope you baked it for someone really special, besides yourself of course. Must have taken you an age to make it..?
Thankyou for the nice comment- It took quite a long while! I shared it with my work friends. I love to bake but rarely make a big cake as there’s just 2 of us and 1 of us doesn’t like cake!
Pingback: My Gluten Free Year: 2012 « gluten free b·
Pingback: Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Schichttorte | gluten free b·